LBMT is looking for three artistic, committed individuals to join the production team of Clue: The Musical as music director (accompanist), choreographer, and carpenter. The musical will be presented virtually and in-person from October 29 – 31. The show is being directed by Joy Mwandemange, stage-managed by Laura Dorothy Walker, and produced by Mathieu Charlebois with support from Morgan Coughlan. Applications are due Friday, August 6 by 6pm; the link to apply is at the bottom of the page.
Please Note: These are volunteer positions.
The internationally popular game is now a fun-filled musical that brings the world’s best-known suspects to life and invites the audience to help solve the mystery: who killed Mr. Boddy, in what room, and with what weapon. The audience receives forms to help them deduce the solution from clues given throughout the fun-filled evening. Three audience members choose from cards representing the potential murderers, weapons, and rooms; there are 216 possible solutions! Only one hard-nosed female detective is qualified to unravel the merry mayhem. Comic antics, witty lyrics, and a beguiling score carry the investigation from room to room. Even after the culprit confesses, a surprise twist delights the audience. This colourful crowd-pleaser was devised by the authors of Murder at Rutherford House and other popular interactive entertainments.
Music Director Responsibilities
- Oversee all musical aspects of the show
- Accompany auditions
- Help recruit musicians for the show
- Run music rehearsals as director and accompanist (assign parts, teach music, provide harmony splits…)
- Prepare and conduct the band for the show
- Develop ideas and create and develop routines to produce a well-polished performance
- Discuss ideas and plans with producers, costume designers, and musical and artistic directors
- Audition, teach, and rehearse dancers
- Develop set drawings and plans that match the artistic director’s vision for the show
- Construct special projects as assigned
- Attend tech rehearsals as needed
- Assist producer as required during load-ins and strike