LBMT is looking for three committed individuals to artistically lead the main shows of our upcoming 2022-2023 season. Additional details about the shows can be found in the posters below and also on our Season Four webpage. Applications are being accepted until Monday, May 9, and a complete list of the artistic director’s responsibilities can be found below. To apply, please email email@example.com with the following:
- Provide your theatrical résumé.
- Identify which production(s) interests you.
- Explain why you want to direct that production(s).
- Explain why LBMT should choose you.
- Provide details of your experience with working on a production team (include details of communications with production team and cast members, creation of rehearsal schedules, the process you use to implement your artistic vision…).
- Provide us with any additional details you feel we should know.
Season Four Shows
Artistic Director Responsibilities
- Responsible for all artistic decisions related to the production, except those increasing costs beyond budgets.
- Expected to block all scenes and run blocking rehearsals and general rehearsals.
- Delegates most musical decisions to the Musical Director, most choreographic decisions to the Choreographer, and most technical production matters to the Technical Director, while still retaining responsibility for the overall artistic quality and consistency of the production. May overrule any designated decisions when necessary to this end.
- Develops draft rehearsal schedule prior to auditions; updated and maintained after auditions by the producer.
- Sets audition dates, rehearsal dates, etc., in conjunction with Musical Director, Choreographer, and Producer
- Organizes auditions; responsible for casting decisions subject to approval of Board or participating Board Representative; may participate in selection of orchestra members by Musical Director and/or technical crew members by Technical Director.
- May designate Assistant Directors and delegate any portion of these responsibilities as appropriate.
Please Note: These are volunteer positions.